Zones: 0, 1, 2, 20, 21 and 22
The Midi Torch is a compact high power LED pocket torch delivering excellent illumination, robustness and reliability in the most extreme conditions and is CE marked to the ATEX Directive and IECEx certified for safe use in Zones 0,1 and 2 potentially explosive gas and Zones 20, 21 and 22 dust atmospheres.
With a smooth, easy grip, ergonomic enclosure and a high output LED light source, giving up to 210 lumens of light output and bespoke optics delivering a narrow high intensity beam and, at the same time, a lower output wide angle fringe light, the Midi Torch is ideal for inspection and maintenance work in conditions of darkness or reduced visibility.
The single-handed push button switch with rubberised switch cover and raised surface enable easy switching, even with gloved hands, and is shrouded to avoid inadvertent operation.
The strong, durable torch body enclosure has excellent chemical resistant properties and a proven impact resistance, even at sub zero temperatures.
The rubber armoured lens ring gives enhanced grip and shock protection with a shatterproof polycarbonate lens providing excellent resistance to impact damage.
It is sealed dust tight and protected from water immersion with an IP67 rated enclosure.
The straight body configuration has an anti-roll foot allowing it to be placed securely on its base or side.
The Midi Torch has a battery duration of up to 7 hours, after which it is recommended that the user replaces the batteries to avoid the risk of battery leakage, the high power LED light source is ‘fitted for life’.
The torch’s internal construction is a one-piece assembly with LED, circuit, switch and battery cassette for easy replacement of the 4 AA alkaline primary cells.
Details of the specific approved AA cells for use in T4 gas atmospheres can be found in the instruction manual; all other AA alkaline primary cell types allowable for use in maximum T3 rated Zone 0 areas.
79 22 80
Features & Benefits
• ATEX and IECEx certified for Zones 0 and 20 explosive gas and dust atmospheres
• 210 lumen high output LED light source
• IIC Gas Group / T3/T4 temperature class
• IIIB Dust Group / 200°C maximum surface temperature
• Midi compact size
• Compact & robust ergonomic design
• Single handed switch with switch protection shroud
• IP67 water and dust tight
• Group I M1 Mining approval
• Supplied with T4 approved cells and a wrist strap (do not attach and use wrist strap in Zone 0/20 areas or applications)
• Product Reference M-85
• Product Description ATEX Midi Safety Torch with LED Primary Cell Powered
• Code Industrial II 1G Ex ia IIC T3/T4 Ga IP67
• II 1D Ex ia IIIB T200°C Da
• Mining I M1 Ex ia I Ma IP67
• Type of Protection ‘ia’ Intrinsic Safety
• Area of Classification (Gas) Zone 0,
• Gas Group IIC
• Temp. Classification (Gas) T3/T4
• Area of Classification (Dust) Zone 20
• Dust Groups IIIA and IIIB
• Max Surface Temperature (Dust) 200°C
• Ambient temperature -40°C to +40°C
• Certificate Baseefa11ATEX0236X / IECEx BAS 11.0116X
• Enclosure Impact Resistant Thermoplastic
• Lens Polycarbonate, Impact Resistant
• Beam Type Narrow Spot with Wide Angle Fringe Light
• Light Source: Type High Power LED
• Output Up to 210 lm
• Life 25,000+ hours (fitted for life)
• Power Source: Part Number TP-295 (4 x LR6 Cells)
• Battery Type LR6 Primary Cells, to IEC 60086, Alkaline AA
• Volts 4 x 1.5v
• Light Duration Up to 7 hours
• Ingress Protection IP67
• Weight (incl. battery) 0.190Kg
All information has been gathered under laboratory conditions, the user must regard the values given as approximate.
Changes may be made to the above specification without notification, details are available on request.